BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Home Sweet Home

London and I went back home for two weeks the beginning of December. It was a great feeling to be back home after three months away. Everyone looked great, and I got to meet my new nephew for the first time. What a cute little thing. Holding him made me want to be able to hold my baby.


I got to visit my Grandma and Grandpa Bigler for awhile one Sunday morning. It's comforting to be with family, it was almost like walking into the past. Seeing myself sitting under their Christmas tree as a little girl, with the smell of bacon in the air. Their house always smelled of bacon. Yum. It seems like time is starting to catch up with the Grandparents that never seemed to age. It's a strange thing to see them differently then I have all these years.

Another memory of mine, is Grandma Strong's Gingerbread parties. She used to gather up all the grand kids for a sleep over and we'd spend the night decorating Gingerbread cookies, then crawling into our PJ's and falling asleep on the shaggy carpet in her basement. Grandma is still with us but is no longer able to throw her parties. So we brought Grandma to our Gingerbread party and had her help us make gingerbread houses with her great grand kids. It was really special to spend sometime with her this year. We may not get another one. We love you Grandma.

Christmas time is a busy time for all of us, so to my family and friends I didn't get to see this time around Merry Christmas and I love you all.



0 comments: